Smarter banking for your business
Empire ONE offers Business Checking and Savings accounts for small businesses, including DBAs and partnerships. You must open a Savings (Share) account to establish membership.
A Business Savings (Share) account establishes your Empire ONE Federal Credit Union membership. The minimum balance required to open an account is $25, and interest (dividends) is paid on balances of $500 or more at our regular Savings (Share) account rate.
Business Checking accounts
You can open a Business Checking account with a minimum balance requirement of $100. This is a non-interest account. A $7 monthly maintenance fee will be charged if the balance falls below the required minimum. The Non Sufficient Funds (NSF) and Stop Payment fee for this account is $30.
Club accounts for organizational purposes
Club accounts are available as separate savings accounts for organizational purposes (i.e., flower fund, charity, civic club, sports leagues, reunions, etc.). You must maintain a regular Savings (Share) account, and applications for Club accounts are based on approval.
Depending on the type of business you have, the following forms may be needed in order to open your account:
- A certified copy of either a DBA certificate, Certificate of Incorporation from New York state, Partnership Agreement or Corporate Resolution.
- A letter stating that the business is viable within the area.
- If your business is incorporated, you must place your corporate seal on the document you sign to open the account.
- If your business is a corporation, we need a corporate resolution from your Board of Directors authorizing the corporation to do business with Empire ONE FCU.
- Your federal Tax ID Number.
- If you are opening the account as an individual, you will need to provide a government issued ID.
All of your Empire ONE FCU deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.