Tips for SMARTER Car Buying
If you’re searching for a new or new-to-you car this spring, be sure to take a look at our tips for making a SMARTER decision when you choose your vehicle.
- Set a budget. A good rule of thumb is to budget no more than 25% of your monthly household income for all the cars in your household.
- Pare down your list to several cars. Choose cars that are at least 5% less than your monthly budget to give yourself some room to cover gas, car insurance, repairs and maintenance, etc.
- Decide whether to buy new or used—or lease.You may find that a used vehicle is your best value, and Empire ONE offers the same low rates on most used car purchases as new.
- Secure your financing before you test drive. Empire ONE will preapprove your financing so you can shop with cash in hand and make your best deal.
- Take your time with the test drive. A car is a long-term purchase. Don’t hesitate to take extra time behind the wheel. Be sure to adjust the seats and controls to ensure passenger comfort and ample cargo space.